Buy Nootropics France | The #1 A-Z Guide
Are you curious about buying nootropics in France?
Welcome to our complete A-Z guide about buying nootropics in la République!
Our aim for this guide is to teach you everything you need to know about buying nootropics in France and give you a complete overview of the smart drugs scene here.
We’ll show you the best nootropics to buy, their benefits and side-effects, and the best places to buy them. We’ll also explain all the legal issues and everything else in between. By the end of this guide, you’ll know exactly how to buy any nootropic you want hassle-free.
Fortunately, buying nootropics in France these days couldn’t be simpler. You don’t even need a prescription for over-the-counter nootropics that are available.
This is not medical or legal advice. This guide is strictly for entertainment purposes only. Always consult a medical professional before consuming any nootropic and always abide by the laws of your country. Please read my disclaimer page, too.
What Are Nootropics?
Nootropics are natural substances or synthetic compounds that can ‘change the mind’ by enhancing cognitive functions like attention span or memory.
Natural nootropics, such as Ginkgo biloba, have been used for thousands of years for a variety of uses including improving memory.
But the term ‘nootropic’ is much more recent. In the 1960s, a Romanian chemist and psychologist Dr. Corneliu Giurgea discovered piracetam, a drug that can enhance and boost cognitive function. He wanted a word to describe drugs with these properties and coined the term ‘nootropic’.
According to Dr. Giurgea, any substance can be classified as a nootropic providing it fits five specific categories.
- Protect the brain from chemical and physical stress
- Increase the efficacy of neuronal firing
- Enhance memory, attention span, concentration, and the ability to learn
- Help the brain function under distress
- Produce virtually zero side effects and be non-toxic.
Besides Piracetam, some of the most popular synthetic nootropics are Adderall, Ritalin, Concerta, and Modafinil, which numerous scientific studies have demonstrated to significantly improve attentiveness, concentration, and alertness .
The most popular over-the-counter nootropic supplements include Ginkgo biloba, creatine and caffeine. Caffeine is the world’s most widely consumed nootropic and has been scientifically proven to improve attention span and the retention of information .
There are also many natural nootropics including red reishi mushrooms, turmeric, and foods like cocoa and coffee that are naturally high in caffeine. These are commonly included in dietary supplements to provide a variety of benefits such as improved focus and wakefulness, without side effects or the need for a prescription.
We’ll be discussing two of the best legal nootropics in France later in this guide.
Nootropics Side Effects and Safety
To understand the side effects and safety of nootropics, it’s important to know that all nootropics can be placed into two main categories:
- Dietary supplements
- Pharmaceutical products
The first category contains nootropics that are dietary supplements. These can be bought over-the-counter without a prescription in France. They are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease and produce virtually zero side-effects when taken by healthy individuals at the recommended dosages.
Dietary supplement nootropics contain natural ingredients such as caffeine that have been scientifically proven to improve a variety of cognitive functions such as increasing alertness or improving concentration.
It’s important to note that even natural nootropics can cause side effects in certain circumstances. For example, caffeine has been shown to cause anxiety, dizziness, and even hallucinations if consumed in excessive dosages .
Therefore, before taking any dietary supplement nootropic, you should speak with your doctor. Avoid taking them if you are pregnant or nursing or if you are at risk of conditions such as thyroid disease, anxiety, or depression.
The second category contains nootropics that are pharmaceutical products, like Adderall, piracetam, and Modafinil. In France, these nootropics require a doctor’s prescription to buy and should only be used under medical supervision.
Using these drugs ‘off-prescription’ as nootropics may cause unexpected side effects, some of which have not been fully researched or described.
For example, Modafinil has successfully been used as a narcolepsy treatment in France since 1992 and is considered to be a safe drug. However, when used ‘off-label’ as a nootropic, or given to patients incorrectly diagnosed with narcolepsy, it can cause a range of side effects like headaches, nausea, anxiety, insomnia, lumbago, diarrhea, dyspepsia, rhinitis, and vertigo .
Are Nootropics Legal in France?
The legal status of any given nootropic depends on whether it is a dietary supplement or a pharmaceutical product.
Dietary supplement nootropics such as caffeine are completely legal and can be purchased over-the-counter or online without a doctor’s prescription throughout France.
Pharmaceutical products like Adderall and Modafinil are prescription-only medications in France, meaning you can only legally buy and possess them with a doctor’s prescription.
However, France seems to permit individuals to buy a three-month supply of prescription medications via mail, even from countries outside the European Union.
Many online vendors routinely ship prescription-only nootropics like Modafinil to customers in France and offer a 100-percent guarantee on shipments. This means that you get your nootropics or you get a refund or reshipment – your choice.
Basically, there’s no risk.
Top 2 Legal Nootropics in France
While prescription-only nootropics are easy to buy in France, many people are wary of using drugs off-prescription and want a 100% legal alternative. Fortunately, many over-the-counter nootropics offer drug-like benefits with zero side effects.
We’ve tested a selection of natural nootropics and concluded that two stand out for their effectiveness and safety. Here they are:
Mind Lab Pro
The most effective over-the-counter nootropic you can buy in France right now is Mind Lab Pro. This powerful dietary supplement is formulated from a unique blend of eleven research-backed nootropics that have been scientifically proven to boost and optimize a wide array of cognitive functions.
We found that Mind Lab Pro is great for:
- Boosting focus and mental agility
- Lowering fatigue
- Optimizing attention span
- Promoting alertness
- Increasing processing speed
Mind Lab Pro contains premium forms of all-natural nootropics, meaning that they are incredibly potent and have high bioavailability.
Our favorite nootropics in Mind Lab Pro are:
- Citicoline, which has been shown to have strong neuroprotective properties and slow the rate of cognitive impairment .
- Bacopa monnieri, which has been shown to boost cognition and decrease choice reaction times in multiple randomized controlled trials .
- Lion’s Mane Mushroom (Yamabushitake), which has been shown by a double-blind placebo-controlled clinical trial to significantly improve mild cognitive impairment .
The combination of Citicoline and Bacopa monnieri is our go-to choice for natural nootropics and we’ve found it has a significant effect on mental agility and focus. Anyone looking for a massive productivity boost will be extremely happy with this over-the-counter nootropic!
The other over-the-counter nootropic we recommend is Qualia Mind, from Neurohacker Collective. We’ve found this complete brain supplement to be great for boosting mental clarity and focus while protecting the brain and enhancing energy levels.
Like Mind Lab Pro, Qualia Mind contains both Citicoline and Bacopa monnieri to promote mental alertness and focus.
It also features 19 other natural nootropics, in particular:
- Ginkgo biloba, which has been shown to enhance mental performance and stabilize or slow the decline in cognition functions .
- Huperzine A, which has been scientifically proven to have strong neuroprotective properties .
- Phosphatidylserine, which helps with the retention of cognitive functioning ability .
Unlike other natural nootropics that are packed with caffeine, Qualia Mind is caffeine-free so it gives cool, calm focus without any of the side-effects commonly experienced from caffeine like headaches, jitteriness, nausea, or sleeplessness.
Overall, Qualia Mind is highly recommended for anyone wanting to increase their productivity and creativity!
The World’s Best Nootropic…
Modafinil is undoubtedly the world’s best known and most widely-used nootropic. It was discovered by L. Lafon Ltd in 1974 and was first offered as an experimental treatment for narcolepsy in 1986.
Following a series of successful trials, Modafinil was used by the French army during the 1991 Gulf War before being registered in France as a narcolepsy treatment in 1992.
Modafinil soon gained international notoriety for its ‘off-label’ uses and became one of the worlds’ most sought-after nootropics. Multiple scientific studies have concluded that Modafinil significantly improves attention span, learning, and memory .
The drug soon gained a following among students and busy professionals who used it off-prescription for cognitive enhancement to work late through the night and dominate their competition.
So, what does Modafinil feel like when you take it?
Modafinil takes effect very gradually until you reach a point where everything suddenly becomes very clear. Your focus becomes laser-sharp and you gain the ability to work non-stop without feeling fatigued. Any urges to procrastinate simply vanish and you can power through work with ease.
This state of extreme focus lasts for over 12 hours, during which time your appetite will remain suppressed, greatly enhancing your productivity. Modafinil is great for pulling all-nighters as it significantly improves working memory and episodic memory .
In short, Modafinil is the world’s most widely-used nootropic for cognitive neuroenhancement. Nothing else even comes close.
Is Modafinil Legal in France?
Modafinil is a prescription drug in France, meaning that you need a doctor’s prescription to buy and use it legally.
Fortunately, it is possible to buy generic Modafinil from an online pharmacy without much hassle, even without a prescription, and have it shipped to your address in France.
That’s because France permits orders of prescription-only medications via mail provided they are for personal use and less than a three month supply. In other words, you can buy 100 Modafinil pills online and have them shipped to your address without having to worry that French customs will seize them.
If you buy Modafinil from one of our recommended vendors you shouldn’t have any problems at all. They offer a 100-percent money-back guarantee on all shipments to France.
This means you either get your nootropic delivered or you get your money back or a free reshipment. It’s your choice.
Basically, you have no risk.
But again, this isn’t legal advice and we advise you to abide by French laws.
The Top “Social” Nootropic
Phenibut is the top “social” nootropic in France right now and has become extremely popular as an alcohol-alternative that can help lower social anxiety and inhibitions.
Phenibut has been dubbed ‘the happy pill’ for its ability to kill feelings of nervousness and make people feel more relaxed and sociable.
This ‘Happy Pill’ is an analog of Gamma-aminobutyric acid (GABA) and was first synthesized in Russia during the 1960s. It’s essentially a neurotransmitter chemical that blocks impulses sent to the brain through nerve cells. This helps users unwind and gives them a nice, warm ‘buzz’ similar to alcohol. While it’s not approved for medical use in France, Phenibut is approved for use in Russia, Ukraine, and Latvia, where it is commonly prescribed to treat a range of conditions including anxiety, insomnia, and depression .
Phenibut is easy to buy online in France and is often sold as a nutritional supplement. It’s favored by people who want to relax and let their hair down without turning to alcohol, as it has such a calming effect on the mind.
Phenibut enhances social confidence and is great for people who suffer from social anxiety.
Phenibut also appeals to people who want to avoid alcohol for health reasons including fitness enthusiasts, athletes, and bodybuilders.
Alcoholic drinks are not only high in calories and simple sugars, they also contain phytoestrogens that mimic estrogen and suppress testosterone. The ethanol in alcohol is also bad news as it inhibits testosterone synthesis . Phenibut is popular because it offers an alcohol-like effect without any of these side-effects.
Phenibut is also extremely attractive as a neuro-enhancing nootropic. It offers a range of cognitive benefits including improved memory, enhanced problem-solving ability, and better verbal fluency . Phenibut is great for relieving stress as it helps combat tiredness and can increase productivity by boosting alertness and attention span.
An additional benefit of Phenibut is its ability to boost sex drive, primarily by lowering inhibitions and reducing stress and anxiety.
But Phenibut isn’t risk-free. Documented side effects include fatigue, nausea, dizziness, and stomach cramps. There are reports of dependence in patients that misuse Phenibut who experience withdrawal symptoms when ceasing use, suggesting that users should monitor their dosages and tolerance levels carefully .
Is Phenibut Legal in France?
At the time of writing, Phenibut is not approved for medical use in France, meaning that a doctor cannot prescribe it and you won’t find it for sale in a pharmacy.
However, it is widely available online and is perfectly legal to buy and own. There are no restrictions on its sale or use.
Learn more about Phenibut legality.
Nootropics France | Verdict
If you were curious about nootropics in France, hopefully, this guide answered all your questions.
From the benefits to the side-effects to the legalities, we’ve covered it all in this entertaining guide.
Many French individuals and expat have found nootropics adds value to their lives and helps them be more productive. You might too!
Oh, and don’t forget to click here to buy Modafinil from our favorite online vendors for people living in France!
- Iglseder B. Doping für das Gehirn [Doping for the brain]. Z Gerontol Geriatr. 2018;51(2):143-148. doi:10.1007/s00391-017-1351-y
- Nehlig A, Daval JL, Debry G. Caffeine and the central nervous system: mechanisms of action, biochemical, metabolic and psychostimulant effects. Brain Res Brain Res Rev. 1992;17(2):139-170. doi:10.1016/0165-0173(92)90012-b
- Wikoff D, Welsh BT, Henderson R, et al. Systematic review of the potential adverse effects of caffeine consumption in healthy adults, pregnant women, adolescents, and children. Food Chem Toxicol. 2017;109(Pt 1):585-648. doi:10.1016/j.fct.2017.04.002
- Lopes E, Pereira D, da Silva Behrens NS, et al. Cataplexy as a side effect of modafinil in a patient without narcolepsy. Sleep Sci. 2014;7(1):47-49. doi:10.1016/j.slsci.2014.07.015
- Grieb P. Neuroprotective properties of citicoline: facts, doubts and unresolved issues. CNS Drugs. 2014;28(3):185-193. doi:10.1007/s40263-014-0144-8
- Kongkeaw C, Dilokthornsakul P, Thanarangsarit P, Limpeanchob N, Norman Scholfield C. Meta-analysis of randomized controlled trials on cognitive effects of Bacopa monnieri extract. J Ethnopharmacol. 2014;151(1):528-535. doi:10.1016/j.jep.2013.11.008
- Mori K, Inatomi S, Ouchi K, Azumi Y, Tuchida T. Improving effects of the mushroom Yamabushitake (Hericium erinaceus) on mild cognitive impairment: a double-blind placebo-controlled clinical trial. Phytother Res. 2009;23(3):367-372. doi:10.1002/ptr.2634
- Tan MS, Yu JT, Tan CC, et al. Efficacy and adverse effects of ginkgo biloba for cognitive impairment and dementia: a systematic review and meta-analysis. J Alzheimers Dis. 2015;43(2):589-603. doi:10.3233/JAD-140837
- Damar U, Gersner R, Johnstone JT, Schachter S, Rotenberg A. Huperzine A as a neuroprotective and antiepileptic drug: a review of preclinical research. Expert Rev Neurother. 2016;16(6):671-680. doi:10.1080/14737175.2016.1175303
- Glade MJ, Smith K. Phosphatidylserine and the human brain. Nutrition. 2015;31(6):781-786. doi:10.1016/j.nut.2014.10.014
- Battleday RM, Brem AK. Modafinil for cognitive neuroenhancement in healthy non-sleep-deprived subjects: A systematic review. Eur Neuropsychopharmacol. 2015;25(11):1865-1881. doi:10.1016/j.euroneuro.2015.07.028
- Minzenberg MJ, Carter CS. Modafinil: a review of neurochemical actions and effects on cognition. Neuropsychopharmacology. 2008;33(7):1477-1502. doi:10.1038/sj.npp.1301534
- Lapin I. Phenibut (beta-phenyl-GABA): a tranquilizer and nootropic drug. CNS Drug Rev. 2001;7(4):471-481. doi:10.1111/j.1527-3458.2001.tb00211.x
- Widenius TV, Eriksson CJ, Ylikahri RH, Härkönen M. Inhibition of testosterone synthesis by ethanol: role of luteinizing hormone. Alcohol. 1989;6(3):241-244. doi:10.1016/0741-8329(89)90025-6
- Owen DR, Wood DM, Archer JR, Dargan PI. Phenibut (4-amino-3-phenyl-butyric acid): Availability, prevalence of use, desired effects and acute toxicity. Drug Alcohol Rev. 2016;35(5):591-596. doi:10.1111/dar.12356
- Ahuja T, Mgbako O, Katzman C, Grossman A. Phenibut (β-Phenyl-γ-aminobutyric Acid) Dependence and Management of Withdrawal: Emerging Nootropics of Abuse. Case Rep Psychiatry. 2018;2018:9864285. Published 2018 Apr 30. doi:10.1155/2018/9864285