How to Buy Modafinil in Japan | What You Must Know
Curious how to buy Modafinil in Japan right now?
Well, you’ve come to the right place. In this detailed guide, we’ll discuss everything you need to know about Modafinil in Japan, including legalities, prescriptions, and more.
The reality? Modafinil is actually illegal in Japan — unless you have a prescription from a Japanese doctor, generally to treat narcolepsy.
If you do not have such a prescription, it’s not recommended being in possession of Modafinil in the country.
Instead, you’re better off using the world’s best over-the-counter nootropic.
But you may be curious about how to import Modafinil into Japan, the legalities around such things, and more. If that’s the case, simply keep on reading this guide.
Below, you’ll find detailed information like:
I am not a doctor, nor am I a lawyer specializing in international drug importation laws. Always obey the laws of your country, and always consult a medical professional before beginning any new drug regime. All information in this guide is intended as entertainment ONLY. See the full disclaimer here for further details.
What Is Modafinil?
The French originally developed Modafinil during the 1970s as an experimental treatment for narcolepsy . This was only the beginning, and Modafinil’s clinical application would continue to expand considerably.
Next, the FDA approved Modafinil for use in the United States in 1998 .
In the coming years, Modafinil would be approved to treat a wide range of ailments. For example, Modafinil is now used to help treat the following conditions and disorders:
- Attention deficit disorder
- Seasonal affective disorder
- Nicotine addiction
- Bipolar depression
However, this isn’t why Modafinil use became widespread. Modafinil’s popularity rose when people began taking the pharmaceutical drug as a nootropic or smart drug.
Individuals quickly figured out that Modafinil conferred massive cognitive performance benefits when used casually as a nootropic .
These benefits aren’t mild either…
In fact, you can expect the following benefits when you use Modafinil responsibly:
- 12+ hour insane focus
- Improved memory recall
- Improved mental ability
- Greater attention to detail
- Reduced sensation of fatigue
- Much more!
When it comes to a real-life “Limitless” pill, this is as close as you will ever get. Modafinil will allow you to work for longer periods while maintaining higher performance and with less fatigue.
Modafinil isn’t magic. It won’t do any work for you. You can waste time with it. But when combined with a proper diet, sleep regime, and an overall healthy lifestyle…users find impressive cognitive benefits.
Is Modafinil Legal in Japan?
The short answer? No, at the least, it’s not over-the-counter legal.
Modafinil is a Schedule 1 Psychotropic according to this Japanese travel site . If you check the website of Japan’s Ministry of Health, Labour and Welfare, they make it clear that importing scheduled psychotropics is strictly prohibited without specific permissions .
This makes it abundantly clear that Modafinil is NOT an over the counter substance or something that is treated lightly.
Japan is known for its relatively strict drug laws, and Modafinil is no different. This means you will need a prescription from your country of origin if you’d like to take it into Japan — in hand upon arrival in the country.
It also means you’ll need one from a Japanese doctor if you’d like to buy Modafinil from a pharmacy in Japan.
The good news is that you don’t have to do this. Some vendors sell generic Modafinil and ship to Japan. The risk is low as long as you’re not importing giant amounts, aka anything under 100 pills. You’re also smart to make the purchase with Bitcoin.
There are stories of people getting arrested importing Modafinil to Japan, but they’re all typically ordering more than 100 pills at a time (6).
Important to keep this in mind, but if you do, you should be fine. While we don’t recommend buying Modafinil online in Japan, it is doable with the vendor recommended below.
How to Get a Modafinil Prescription in Japan
You need to have a sleep-related condition such as narcolepsy. This is the only reason you should get one.
You can try and fake this or another sleep-related condition, but I don’t recommend it. The doctor will ask for tests to confirm your diagnosis, and the truth will come out. It’s quite difficult to fake narcolepsy.
Acquiring a Modafinil prescription is not easy in Japan!
Not only will you need to have a sleep-related issue, but speaking Japanese will be vital too.
The much better option is to order generic Modafinil online from a quality vendor. Speaking of which, it’s time to tell you about my favorite online vendor serving Japan.
How to Buy Modafinil Online in Japan | 2020 Guide
Japan has customs and drug laws that are stricter than most countries. There is no denying this. As such, there are fewer vendors that ship Modafinil to the country.
However, there is one high-quality online Modafinil vendor that will ship to Japan. Just make sure to order 100 pills or less! Also, all orders in Bitcoin only.
Here’s the recommendation:
Fox Dose is a solid vendor that ships Modafinil to Japan with guaranteed delivery.
For starters, they offer the best generic Modafinil products. Their shipping policy makes them risk-free, and they even have great deals and specials, which makes ordering here super affordable.
Here’s a more in-depth look at what this online Modafinil pharmacy does well:
- Excellent Modafinil Products: Fox Dose carries the best generic Modafinil products, such as Modvigil, Waklert, Artivigil and Modalert. These are some of the best Modafinil products you’ll find at any vendor period. I prefer Modalert, but you’ll find something you prefer without a doubt.
- Money-Back Guarantee: One nice perk when ordering from Fox Dose is that they offer a 100% money-back guarantee should your order be lost, damaged or not arrive in a satisfactory manner. This means you never lose any Modafinil or money, only a little time at worst. You have no risks here!
- Free Shipping: The shipping at Fox Dose is absolutely free. That alone makes Fox Dose a tremendous vendor that saves you a ton of money.
- 25% Returning Customer Bonus: When you make a second order with Fox Dose, you get 25% off your total price.
- 35% Bitcoin Discount: When you pay for your order using bitcoin, you get 35% off the entirety of the price of your order. These two discounts help make potential orders extremely affordable for almost everybody.
- Direct Manufacturer Sourced: All products are sourced directly from their manufacturers. This means there is no question that you’re getting exactly what you should be when you order.
- High Variety of Payment Options: The array of total payment options at Fox Dose is huge. You can pay for your order using the following: VISA, MasterCard, Bitcoin, and Amazon Gift Cards are all acceptable forms of payment.
This is the only option when talking about ordering Modafinil online while living in Japan. For local Japanese citizens and expats alike, this is the best place to get Modafinil.
‘Brand Name’ Modafinil and Armodafinil in Japan
When it comes to Modafinil, there are “name brand” products and then, “generic” Modafinil products.
Large manufacturing companies produce the name brands. This is NOT what you’ll find when you order from an online store. Name brands include:
- Provigil (Modafinil)
- Nuvigil (Armodafinil)
This is opposed to the type of products that you’ll usually find when you use an online store. Typical generic brands include the following:
Here’s the truth though…. generic brands are just as good as name brands. That’s right.
There is no difference between generic and name brand Modafinil!
I’ve personally tried all six of these brands, and they all have insane cognitive benefits. I even had a prescription at one point and tried the name brand products.
Modalert is my personal favorite, but you should find the one that suits you the best.
Buying Modafinil online in Japan is possible, although it’s not necessarily recommended. Most users have zero issues importing less than 100 pills for personal use and paying for the order using Bitcoin. Don’t forget to use a fake name!
If you do those three things, you should be able to import small quantities of Modafinil into Japan with little risks.
However, for individuals looking to get a great over-the-counter nootropic that is 100% legal…well, here’s my absolute favorite:
Mind Lab Pro
Mind Lab Pro is a fantastic all in one nootropic that combines a total of 11 different ingredients to help your brain perform at it’s best.
For example, Mind Lab Pro contains Bacopa Monnieri, which is a potent herb that helps knowledge retention, blood flow to the brain and brain chemical synthesis.
You also have compounds like Citicoline that boosts attention, focus, energy and neural regeneration. These two ingredients help give you a boost in performance similar to Modafinil, but Mind Lab Pro does much more than that.
You also have phosphatidylserine that helps promote fluid and flexible cell membrane structures. This keeps your brain healthier over time.
There are even chemicals like L-Theanine that promote a type of relaxed focus so that you don’t feel jittery during your productive state.
The only real disadvantage is that you won’t get the same level of unbroken focus as you would with Modafinil. Instead of 12+ hours of insane focus, you’ll get about 6-8+ hours worth. That’s still plenty of time to crush all your work for the day!
All in all, Mind Lab Pro is my favorite over-the-counter nootropic for good reason. It combines a multitude of great ingredients, and it acts as a nootropic “multivitamin” in many ways.
Modafinil in Japan | The Verdict
That about wraps this up. Everything you must know about buying Modafinil online in Japan.
Overall, it is possible to order Modafinil online for both expats and Japanese citizens. However, it is not recommended at higher quantities.
If you have any specific questions or concerns, simply comment below and I’ll find the detailed information you need to succeed.
- Staff, E. by E. (n.d.). Can Modafinil Treat Cocaine Addiction & Amphetamine Withdrawal? Retrieved from https://americanaddictioncenters.org/addiction-medications/modafinil
- Gerrard, P., & Malcolm, R. (2007, June). Mechanisms of modafinil: A review of current research. Retrieved from https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2654794/
- Müller, U., Rowe, J. B., Rittman, T., Lewis, C., Robbins, T. W., & Sahakian, B. J. (2013, January). Effects of modafinil on non-verbal cognition, task enjoyment and creative thinking in healthy volunteers. Retrieved from https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3485563/
- List of Psychotropics. www.ncd.mhlw.go.jp/img/en/total.pdf.
- (n.d.). Retrieved from https://www.mhlw.go.jp/english/policy/health-medical/pharmaceuticals/01.html
- 薬物密輸:容疑で理研実習生逮捕 兵庫県警 – 毎日新聞. (2015, November 13). Retrieved from https://archive.is/9dFGL