Mind Lab Pro vs. Modafinil | The A-Z Guide
Mind Lab Pro vs. Modafinil.
A smart drug showdown of heavyweight proportions. Two of the premier nootropics, smart drugs, cognitive enhancers, or whatever you want to call them.
To be honest, these two nootropic products are my absolute favorite smart drugs on the market today. I use both on a weekly basis — but for different reasons…
Mind Lab Pro is my nootropic of choice when I’m creating. I take this powerful, yet smooth smart drug when I want to create something(s) for 8+ hours. It helps get into flow state quickly, while increasing how much work I can produce each day.
Modafinil is my workhorse. I take this potent, powerful nootropic when I have a whole lot of busy work to get done. Usually on Mondays when I want to work 12-15+ hours.
Looking to buy Mind Lab Pro? Click here.
Ready to order Modafinil? Click here.
Both of these nootropics are wonderful in their own right and somewhat similar. Yet different, as well. Which is why I’m writing this in-depth guide on Mind Lab Pro vs. Modafinil.
Below I’ll breakdown everything you need to know about these smart drugs, including things like:
What is Mind Lab Pro?
But before we dive too deep into this comparison, let’s take a brief look at what Mind Lab Pro is and why people love the stuff so much.
Mind Lab Pro is one of the most popular over-the-counter smart drugs in the world — aka all the ingredients found in this product are available to consumers without a prescription. Created by Opti-Nutra, the cognitive supplement combines 11-brain boosting ingredients into one potent product. A nootropic sure to offer impressive cognitive enhancement.
Nootropics are generally taken to “become smarter” for the day, and Mind Lab Pro offers this and so much more. Yet, I believe Opti-Nutra took things to the next level with this smart drug.
The company created a comprehensive, universal nootropic that optimizes brain pathways and cognitive function — to the max.
Here’s just a few of the ways Mind Lab Pro strives to create the nootropic benefits we all crave:
- Brain Chemistry: Improving memory and processing speed — all while keeping your mood positive and your motivation high.
- Brain Energy: Eliminating pesky brain fog and fatigue, while supporting quick thinking and focus.
- Brain Regeneration: Repairing brain cells for plasticity and positive growth.
- Brain Circulation: Helps oxygenate your brain, while clearing toxins
- Brain Protection: Fights to combat structural changes that degrade the brain as we age.
- Brain Waves: Promotes creativity and learning.
To ensure Mind Lab Pro offers all these benefits and more, the nootropic was created with only premium ingredients. This ensures maximum potency and improve bio-availability.
After testing out Mind Lab Pro and becoming a consistent user of the product, I’m inclined to say Opti-Nutra created one of the absolute best smart drugs available.
Below you’ll find a list of ingredients found in the product and how they work.
Mind Lab Pro Ingredients
Diving a little bit deeper, I wanted to take an in-depth look at Mind Lab Pro ingredients before we start talking about what is Modafinil and why people love that smart drug.
Mind Lab Pro incorporates 11 unique ingredients into their nootropic blend. There’s no “proprietary blend” nonsense here, either. Here’s a list of the exact Mind Lab Pro ingredients and their dosages:
- Bacopa Monnieri: 150mg 
- Citicoline: 250mg 
- Lion’s Mane Mushroom: 500mg 
- L-Theanine: 100mg 
- Maritime Pine Bark: 75mg
- N-Acetyl L-Tyrosine: 175mg 
- Phosphatidylserine: 100mg 
- Rhodiola Rosea: 50mg 
- Vitamin B6: 2.5mg
- Vitamin B9: 100mcg
- Vitamin B12: 7.5mcg
The exact benefits of each ingredient and why Opti-Nutra included them into the formula is beyond the scope of this article, but I covered that in my full review of the product.
You can click here to read my full Mind Lab Pro review.
What is important is how Mind Lab Pro combines these 11 ingredients into a comprehensive nootropic product that actually works. You’ll definitely feel the nootropic “high” when taking this potent product.
Aka Mind Lab Pro really works!
What is Modafinil?
On the other hand…
Modafinil is a bit different than Mind Lab Pro. In fact, it’s quite different in a number of ways.
Modafinil was never created to be a smart drug or a nootropic. Modafinil was first created in the 1970s in France. Initially developed as a pharmaceutical drug, the product was first released to the public in the early 1990s to treat common medical ailments like :
- Sleep Apnea
- Shift Sleep Disorder
- Attention Deficit Disorder
The pharmaceutical drug was intended to ensure individuals suffer from chronic forms of fatigue could stay alert and focused at all times. However, that’s probably not why you’re curious about the nootropic.
Here’s the deal with Modafinil…
If you don’t suffer from chronic fatigue issues, then the smart drug offers other off-the-label benefits. This is how Modafinil became one of the most popular smart drugs in the world.
Hustlers, CEOs, Silicon Valley-types, and grad students all realize that Modafinil increased their focus and allowed them to work for 12+ hours in a row. Aka by taking Modafinil, these people could get a step ahead of the competition.
This is probably why you’re curious about Modafinil these days. For the immense nootropic benefits. I’m talking benefits like :
- 12-15+ hours of intense focus
- Overall enhanced cognition
- Improved memory retention
- Increased productivity
- Great moods
And that’s just the tip of the ice berg when talking about Modafinil! The stuff truly works for millions of individuals and offers potent nootropic benefits.
Discussing Modafinil ingredients is a bit different than talking about over-the-counter nootropic ingredients, like those from Mind Lab Pro.
This is because Modafinil is technically a pharmaceutical drug. Oh, and there’s technically only one “active” ingredient in Modafinil:
Yep, the only ingredient in Modafinil that offers cognitive benefits is actually Modafinil.
See, Modafinil is technically a racemic compound. The compound features a chemical name of: 2-[(diphenylmethyl)sulfinyl]acetamide. The molecular formula for Modafinil is C15H15NO2S and the molecular weight is 273.35 .
Mind Lab Pro vs. Modafinil | The Similarities
Now that we’ve got the pleasantries out of the way, let’s take a look at what we all came here to see…
Mind Lab Pro vs. Modafinil
Both of these nootropic products offer a lot of similar benefits and can be used for similar purposes. It’s also easy to order both these products online these days.
So without further ado, here’s what I found in common between Mind Lab Pro and Modafinil:
While we can nitpick about which nootropic is better or what smart drug is best, the reality of things is both these products work. Really, really well.
Modafinil and Mind Lab Pro are two of the BEST smart drugs available right now. They both offer impressive cognitive enhancement for anyone and everyone.
If you’re looking for a potent and powerful smart drug, you can go wrong here. I love Modafinil, and I love Mind Lab Pro.
We’ve talked a little bit about the nootropic benefits you’ll find with these products already, but I wanted to touch on things one more time.
You’ll find impressive cognitive benefits when taking both Mind Lab Pro and Modafinil. Benefits including:
- Overall Cognitive Enhancement
- Heightened Attention Span and Focus
- Increased Energy Levels
- Improved Mood
- Extra Drive and Motivation
- Improved Memory Retention
When taking Mind Lab Pro or Modafinil, you’ll find your mind just works…for the day. Thoughts flow, work gets done, you’re focused longer and so much more.
The benefits of these specific nootropics are vast in my experience, and these products will help you achieve your goals!
After successfully testing Modafinil for years and Mind Lab Pro for months, I’m confident in saying both these smart drugs are 100% safe.
There have been ZERO reported cases of overdose and death from either of these products. Furthermore, you’ll find minimal side effects with Modafinil and almost NO side effects with Mind Lab Pro.
If you’re looking for safe smart drugs…
I believe both these nootropics to be 100% safe and sound for long-term use — 1-2 times per week with Modafinil and 1-5 times per week with Mind Lab Pro.
Easy to Buy Online
It used to be difficult to buy smart drugs online back in the day. Many companies only shipped to certain countries and the products were prone to getting confiscated by customs back then.
These days you needn’t worry about all that.
You can buy Modafinil online and Mind Lab Pro from almost anywhere on earth. This makes getting your hands on the best nootropics in the world easier than ever before.
Mind Lab Pro vs. Modafinil | The Differences
While these two world-class nootropics are somewhat similar, I’ve found some unique differences between the two. Differences that may influence which product you decide to use.
Like the creative benefits of these products and which product is cheaper.
So I wanted to break that down here…
Natural vs. Prescription Nootropics
Mind Lab Pro is a 100% natural nootropic. Dare I say…that supplement is even healthy for you. There are no prescription drugs or ingredients. No proprietary blends. You can learn about everything inside the smart drug by reading the label.
Modafinil, on the other hand, is a prescription drug and far from natural.
This is a MAJOR difference between the two products.
Some people prefer not to use prescription drugs for off-the-label uses, like cognitive enhancement. Other people just want to get the job done and could care less if the smart drug is a prescription drug or not.
You’ll have to decide if this is a factor for you or not.
While the cognitive benefits of Modafinil are vast, I found zero creative benefits when taking the smart drug. Modafinil simply doesn’t enhance creativity in the slightest.
Mind Lab Pro, on the other hand, is my #1 smart drug when wanting to tap into the creative side of your brain. I love taking this nootropic when I want to let the mind flow and come up with new ideas. Or even dig into a creative work project, like writing a book.
If you’re looking for creative cognitive benefits, Mind Lab Pro is the way to go.
Mind Lab Pro tends to last 6-9+ hours for me personally. That a good chunk of time to keep the mind enhanced and highly focused. On a normal work day, this is more than enough.
Modafinil tends to last 12-15+ hours. The half-life of Modafinil is simply longer than Mind Lab Pro or any over-the-counter nootropic.
If you need to pull an all-nighter or want to work from 8 am until midnight, then Modafinil is the smart drug you’ll need to succeed.
The half-life, or how long these nootropics last, is one of the major differences between the two.
I noted damn near zero side effects when taking Mind Lab Pro. No headaches. No stomach issues. No inability to sleep. Zip. Zilch. Nada.
This is a huge benefit to me, as most nootropics have some minor side effects.
For example, Modafinil tends to cause me some stomach issues the following day and it’s often impossible to get to sleep at a normal hour after taking the stuff.
I don’t believe the Modafinil side effects are bad, but you’ll definitely find more minor issues with Modafinil than with Mind Lab Pro.
When buying smart drugs online, you’ll find a wide variety of prices. There’s some dirt cheap nootropics on Amazon that don’t really work. Then there’s some people paying $3 bucks per pill for Modafinil.
Here’s the deal regarding price between Mind Lab Pro and Modafinil…
When ordering a 30-serving supply, the products are about the same price. You’ll pay around $2 per serving with both Mind Lab Pro and Modafinil.
- Mind Lab Pro is $65 USD for a 30-serving bottle of 60 pills. I tend to take 2-3 pills per day when using this nootropic.
- Modafinil is $60 USD for 30-servings of 30 pills. I tend to take 1 pill per day when using this nootropic.
About the same price.
However, when you start buying in larger quantities, Modafinil tends to become a lot cheaper. In large quantities, you can get Modafinil for as low as $0.73 cents per pill. That’s cheap!
Overall, I find this isn’t that important of a factor — as you should start out by testing a small quantity before going all in.
Whew! That was a whole lot of words about two of my favorite nootropics:
Mind Lab Pro vs. Modafinil
Personally, I recommend using both products. Mind Lab Pro is my “daily” smart drug and go-to when I need to tap into the creative side of the brain. Modafinil is my workhorse on days I need to work overtime, so to speak.
Overall, you can’t go wrong with either one. These are my favorite smart drugs on the market for a reason…
They just get the job done and offer impressive cognitive benefits!
If you have any questions, comments or concerns — just post a comment below. I’ll do my best to find the answer you need to succeed and get back to you.
If you're interested in Mind Lab Pro, just click here.
If you're interested in Modafinil, just click here.
- Morgan, A., & Stevens, J. (2010, July). Does Bacopa monnieri improve memory performance in older persons? Results of a randomized, placebo-controlled, double-blind trial. Retrieved from https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/20590480
- Silveri, M. M., Dikan, J., Ross, A. J., Jensen, J. E., Kamiya, T., Kawada, Y., … Yurgelun-Todd, D. A. (2008, November). Citicoline enhances frontal lobe bioenergetics as measured by phosphorus magnetic resonance spectroscopy. Retrieved from https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/18816480
- Mori, K., Inatomi, S., Ouchi, K., Azumi, Y., & Tuchida, T. (2009, March). Improving effects of the mushroom Yamabushitake (Hericium erinaceus) on mild cognitive impairment: a double-blind placebo-controlled clinical trial. Retrieved from https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/18844328
- Bryan, J. (2008, February). Psychological effects of dietary components of tea: caffeine and L-theanine. Retrieved from https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/18254874
- Colzato, L. S., Jongkees, B. J., Sellaro, R., & Hommel, B. (2013, December 16). Working memory reloaded: tyrosine repletes updating in the N-back task. Retrieved from https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3863934/
- (n.d.). Retrieved from http://ns.umich.edu/Releases/2001/Aug01/r081301a.html
- Shevtsov, V. A., Zholus, B. I., Shervarly, V. I., Vol’skij, V. B., Korovin, Y. P., Khristich, M. P., … Wikman, G. (2003, March). A randomized trial of two different doses of a SHR-5 Rhodiola rosea extract versus placebo and control of capacity for mental work. Retrieved from https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/12725561
- “Provigil (Modafinil) Uses, Dosage, Side Effects.” Drugs.com, www.drugs.com/provigil.html.
- Müller, U, et al. “Effects of Modafinil on Non-Verbal Cognition, Task Enjoyment and Creative Thinking in Healthy Volunteers.” Neuropharmacology, Pergamon Press, Jan. 2013, www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3485563/.
- “Provigil (Modafinil): Uses, Dosage, Side Effects, Interactions, Warning.” RxList, RxList, 8 May 2018, www.rxlist.com/provigil-drug.htm.