Alpha Brain Overdose | Legitimate Concern or Nah?
I remember the first time I tried Alpha Brain. Sitting in an upscale coffee shop in Panama City, Panama and sipping an espresso. I popped a couple capsules, certainly not enough to induce an Alpha Brain overdose, and then waited for it to kick in.
A couple hours later, my mind was on autopilot. Words were flowing across my screen as my fingers typed straight fire at a rapid rate. The nootropic was working and I was in a great mood.
Hell, Alpha Brain was working better than I ever expected. See, this was the first smart drug I ever tried not named Adderall.
The combination of this nootropic and a little coffee had me more focused than anything I’d ever taken before sans the popular study drug.
Alpha Brain worked so well, that I started looking into other smart drugs. If it weren’t for Alpha Brain, I would have never tried Modafinil.
I kept using this nootropic throughout my travels in Central America and the Caribbean. I pop a few Alpha Brain a couple times a week while traveling and get an extra 2-4+ hours of productivity than normal.
But then I got a huge project. I needed laser-like focus for 12+ hours for a few days. I couldn’t have an off-day and Alpha Brain was all I had.
So, I decided to up my dose. I was a little worried about Alpha Brain overdose, but a quick search showed me I shouldn’t have much to worry about.
I took two in the morning and another two after lunch. Four Alpha Brain capsules in one day!
Nothing happened. No sign of overdose. I had double the typical dose and had no issues. No side effects other than a ton of energy flowing throughout my body and a leg that wouldn’t stop tapping as I worked.
What is Alpha Brain?
Well, that’s easy. Alpha Brain is a nootropic developed by Onnit Labs.
The smart drug was created in 2011 to be one of the premier over-the-counter cognitive enhancers on the market.
Alpha Brain has numerous celebrity endorsers and has been scientifically proven to enhance cognition. Just check out this study if you don’t want to take my word for it.
The benefits of Alpha Brain are vast, with many users reporting:
- Improved Focus
- Increased Memory and Retention
- Enhanced Mood
- Better Sleep Quality
- Overall Improved Cognition Function
Now, we won’t dive too deep into the effects and benefits of the smart drug. That’s for the full review. We’re here to talk about Alpha Brain overdose. The only thing I’ll say is Alpha Brain works. Your cognitive function will improve and you’ll be in a great mood.
But it’s not Modafinil. This nootropic won’t take you from slacker to stud by simply popping a pill, but it does help. Alpha Brain is beneficial and overall, a safe nootropic to use.
Alpha Brain Side Effects
Before we talk too much about overdosing on Alpha Brain, which is damn near impossible, let’s take a look at side effects and if you have anything to worry about with the nootropic.
Here are a few Alpha Brain side effects to pay attention to:
- Restlessness: If you’re new to nootropics, then you may feel a sense of restlessness when taking Alpha Brain for the first time. This is common and nothing to worry about. My leg tapped for a few hours as I took this smart drug the first time. Some experience a little anxiety until they get used to the nootropic. Overall, this is an exceptionally minor Alpha Brain side effect.
- Stomach Issues: All nootropics can cause stomach issues like diarrhea and nausea. Alpha Brain is no different. However, I didn’t really have this issue with Alpha Brain like I do with Modafinil. Just eat a big meal, let it digest for an hour, and then take the nootropic.
- Vivid Dreams: Alpha Brain tends to give users vivid dreams. It’s a unique side effect, one that many love and some dread. Some people’s dreams are uncomfortable when taking this smart drug. This is likely due to the L-tyrosine and Alpha-GPC found in the product.
- Minor Headaches: I didn’t get any headaches from the smart drug, but others have reported Alpha Brain headaches. This is likely due to pressure building up in the cerebral cortex due to choline supplements from in Alpha Brain. I believe most users won’t experience this issue.
- Mild Body Odor: My main issue with Alpha Brain was how I smelled after taking the nootropic. Mild body odor was the worst Alpha Brain side effect I experienced. Luckily, applying an extra thick layer of deodorant any morning I planned to take the nootropic seems to cure this issue.
Overall, Alpha Brain is a tame smart drug. You should not have any worries about side effects from this stuff. Hell, there’s not even any stimulants in this product.
Alpha Brain Overdose | What You Must Know
So, now we’re getting to the meat and potatoes of this piece. The coffee and coconut oil, if we’re speaking in nootropic terms.
Is it possible to overdose on this nootropic? Is Alpha Brain overdose a real thing?
Well, I’m inclined to say NO!
I’ve scoured the interwebs. I’ve taken Alpha Brain on and off throughout the years. Thus far, I’ve yet to see, hear, read, or experience anyone who’s had a bad experience due to Alpha Brain overdose. No one has died from taking Alpha Brain.
Again, this is an exceptionally mild smart drug. We’re not talking about a pharmaceutical here. This is over-the-counter stuff used to boost cognition and give you a slight edge.
I’ve taken up to four capsules of Alpha Brain in a single day and didn’t have a single issue. That’s a double dose. No problemo.
While I wouldn’t recommend it, I’m fairly confident you could get away with 6-8 capsules in a single day and you wouldn’t have any major issues. If overdosing Alpha Brain and side effects are a concern, start by taking one capsule an hour after you eat breakfast with a cup of coffee.
See how you feel and decide if you get any benefits from a half serving. If you like it, try another capsule after lunch. If no issues, try taking the standard double capsule dose together the next time around.
Should You Be Worried About Alpha Brain Overdose?
You should not be worried about Alpha Brain overdose. Point. Blank. Period.
I’m no doctor, but you shouldn’t have any issues taking 1-4 capsules of Alpha Brain a day. This is a tame but effective smart drug that can be used multiple days in a row.
It also makes a great change of pace for Modafinil users. While it’s not as strong as Modafinil, it’s a little easier on the body and still offers great cognitive benefits.